• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plastic Bertrand

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plastic Bertrand

Another fake from yesteryear. Ever had the feeling you were had?

In 2010, an expert appointed by a court stated that the voice of Lou Deprijck, the composer/producer of "Ça plane pour moi," on a record from 2006 is the same voice as on the original 1977 recording. "Today it appears from the report of the experts that the voice of 'Ça plane pour moi' is Lou Deprijck's voice," stated the newspaper La Dernière Heure on Monday, 26 July 2010. Plastic Bertrand previously disputed the allegation, but on 28 July 2010 the singer finally revealed that he is indeed not the singer of any of the songs in the first four albums released under the name Plastic Bertrand.
    Plastic Bertrand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Who cares, it was a great tune and fun.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Who cares, it was a great tune and fun.
      At least he's another one to add to the list of famous Belgians. Tin-Tin and Eddy Mercx were getting rather lonely...
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Not bothered about van Damme, but I missed Jacques Brel off the list

Comment

René Magritte
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Hergé, Audrey Hepburn, Peter Paul Rubens, Kim Antonie Lode Clijsters and Adolph Sax.
            Last edited by Arturo Bassick; 20 August 2011, 08:25.
            Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
              Hergé, Audrey Hepburn, Peter Paul Rubens, Kim Antonie Lode Clijsters and Adolph Sax.
              Although born in Belgium, Audrey Hepburn had British citizenship

Hepburn, the only child of Joseph Victor Anthony Ruston (1889–1980), an English banker of Irish descent, and his second wife Ella, baroness van Heemstra (1900–1984), a Dutch aristocrat, had two half-brothers: Jonkheer Arnoud Robert Alexander "Alex" Quarles van Ufford (1920–1979) and Jonkheer Ian Edgar Bruce Quarles van Ufford (1924–2010), by her mother's first marriage.

Although born in Belgium, Hepburn had British citizenship and attended school in England as a child. Hepburn's father's job with a British insurance company meant that the family often travelled between Belgium, England, and the Netherlands. From 1935 to 1938, Hepburn was educated at Miss Rigden's School, an independent girls' school in the village of Elham, Kent, in the southeast of England.
              I think that makes her a mixture of Irish, English and Dutch.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

www.famousbelgians.net

Now this is funny.

At Famous Belgians Homepage

Most people will agree that every country in the world has shaped history in some way. Why is it then that the majority of people I meet seem to be of the opinion that Belgium is the exception to this rule? Nothing is more likely to get my blood boiling than someone asking me "I bet you can't name me 10 famous Belgians". Yet, this tends to be the first question most Belgians get asked when they venture abroad.

What is behind this world-wide perception that there are no famous Belgians ? In most cases, people have heard of the names but will swear to you that they are either French or Dutch. Other people remain convinced that Belgium has never produced anyone significant. They will tell you that Belgium is famous for its products, rather than its people, and therefore they will tend to be more enthusiastic about Belgian beer, waffles and chocolates.
                He neatly fails to name more than 4 famous Belgians on his home page. Hercule Poirot was bonus

And I haven't heard of any of this lot

And from his blog we learn that the poor fellow lives in "Swindon, Wiltshire, England, right in the middle of the pictoresque Cotswolds."

Oh my...
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                  Now this is funny.

At Famous Belgians Homepage

He neatly fails to name more than 4 famous Belgians on his home page. Hercule Poirot was bonus

And I haven't heard of any of this lot

And from his blog we learn that the poor fellow lives in "Swindon, Wiltshire, England, right in the middle of the pictoresque Cotswolds."

Oh my...
                  You mean, you think the owner of "famousbelgians" is ..... a CUK poster who lives in Swindon?

Comment

Working...
                  X