• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone contracts for thetrainline.com website?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone contracts for thetrainline.com website?

Well, if you are then you are prized cretin of the highest order of SasGuru!

FFS, trying to buy tickets, failed for some reason then just few mins past midnight and the whole site is in "maintenance" mode, ffs - if you want to do it then do it at 5am, even NickFitz will be sleeping at the time!

Now I'll have to pay double the price

Have you thought about driving Alex? Should be a lot cheaper, even in an Aston.

Or are you getting wellied at the client site?

And yes, I hate public transport: the train I wanted to get this arvo was cancelled - and I don't even get the train.

Here's a quick vid to get you in the mood (NSFW)

Last edited by hyperD; 19 August 2011, 23:58.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I never got near that bit, honest. If you ever meet me I can tell you some funny tales.

Comment

1 hour still "maintenance".

Comment

The android app is easier to use than their website on a computer.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            1 hour still "maintenance".
            And you know there are 5 Lithuanians eating pizza and playing poker in the British Telecommunications server rooms!
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Add to this they could not process transaction in modern firefox because it has 3rd party cookies disabled by default, so 3D secure won't work - cretins there should not rely on this tulip if major browser ships with settings turned off ffs.

btw, going to London today to discuss with sasguru chances of new global financial crisis and how we can prevent it from happening (if we feel like it).

P.S. Driving ain't cheaper - £24 return on fast train is ok price.

Comment

Why don't you just use another train ticket site?
                World's Best Martini

Comment

Just make sure the hand over the booking fee. We don't do this site maintenance for free you know.

Incidentally you can book you tickets without a booking fee on National Rail Enquiries - Official source for UK train times and timetables

If I set up a site can wwww.datrainline.co.uk I wonder if the sheep would folk in their droves with booking fees for me
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
                    Why don't you just use another train ticket site?
                    Tried Virgin Trains site and it failed with same error, looks like white labelled...

Comment

Working...
                    X