• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hide My IP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hide My IP

Have been trying to use the browser extension from hidemyass.com but it doesn't seem to work sufficiently well on the specific site I need it for. Any recommendations from the congregation?

Hack the neighbour's WiFi?
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Hack the neighbour's WiFi?
      I need to disguise the fact that I am in the UK so that won't work.

Comment

use one of the many millions of proxy server available outside the UK.

Or tell me what you're looking for and I'll have a lookie!
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          Have been trying to use the browser extension from hidemyass.com but it doesn't seem to work sufficiently well on the specific site I need it for. Any recommendations from the congregation?
          StrongVPN.com is VPN service, offers security and anonymity for personal use

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            What browser are you using? Is it Firefox?

If so, have you tried using the Modify Headers add-on?

FF is not my default browser but I use it occasionally when watching US content such as The Daily Show.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work with all US sites.
            e.g. Hulu

Comment

TOR - https://www.torproject.org/

Comment

Working...
              X