• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wasps on the terrace

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasps on the terrace

Afternoon All,

apologies for the two week intermission, Benes Invoicing Ltd and family were in Bol - can only recommend it, beautiful village and island.

Back to business...

here at chateau Benes we get a lot of wasps on the terrace especially when food is served.

How to get rid of the wasps ?

Milan.

Hang up a dead cat. The wasps will be attracted to this thus leaving you alone.
    Where is Bol?

Comment

Used jam jars with some jam, make several small holes in the lid. Once in; they can't get out.

Next!
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Pacharan,

Bol is the main village on the island of Brac

Bol

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          Pacharan,

Bol is the main village on the island of Brac

Bol

Milan.
          U malchika Bol'?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Used jam jars with some jam, make several small holes in the lid. Once in; they can't get out.

Next!

Also, add some water, and a drop of washing up liquid to weaken the surface tension. They'll be floating dead in no time.

Also works very well for fruit flies, using cider vinegar instead of water.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              Also, add some water, and a drop of washing up liquid to weaken the surface tension. They'll be floating dead in no time.

Also works very well for fruit flies, using cider vinegar instead of water.
              I like to put a webcam on the jar and watch them slowly die.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post

Where is Bol?
                Near Spag

You must have heard of Buda and Pest (like the wasps). Well Milan has been in Spag Bol
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

How to get rid of the wasps ?
                  What is wrong with you? You shouldn't get rid of wasps, they are fantastic little creatures! Coming up to that favourite time where I can put jam out for them all over the garden.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

You probably have a nest somewhere near your roof, or in your roof. We have had this twice - had to call out an exterminator which can cost anywhere from £30 to £70. Did the job quicktime though.

Comment

Working...
                    X