• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Libya

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Libya

Some amazing pictures and reports coming in from Libya. According to twitter, Colonel Gaddafi has been shot dead; his son Seif has already been captured by rebels.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    Some amazing pictures and reports coming in from Libya. According to twitter, Colonel Gaddafi has been shot dead; his son Seif has already been captured by rebels.
    Wow, got a link?
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Too early for that (unless his inner circle finally decides to act), but at last justice is about to get served.

I hope that chap with cancer who had 3 months to live won't get shot in the process - once archives are opened up and living witnesses who are no longer under Colonel's rule can give evidence some interesting stuff will be found.

Comment

No link as yet, just this tweet from a Syrian reporter @MalikAlAbdeh

First to tweet this from on-ground sources and I can confirm: #GADDAFI IS DEAD. He was shot dead by #FF in #Tripoli. #Libya
        The arrest of Saif has already been reported on Sky, but no confirmation yet.
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Best I found was this
          Gaddafi

Libyan rebels said on Sunday night that two sons of embattled Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi had been arrested...There was no word on the whereabouts of Gaddafi.

Comment

Wiki:
            Muammar Muhammad al-Gaddafi (Arabic: مُعَمَّر القَذَّافِي‎ Muʿammar al-Qaḏḏāfī (7 June 1942 - )

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Wiki:
              Edit:

Muammar Muhammad al-Gaddafi[3] (Arabic: مُعَمَّر القَذَّافِي‎ Muʿammar al-Qaḏḏāfī (7 June 1942 - 21 August 2011)

Comment

Shame if he is not taken alive.

His sons though probably would want to live for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Shame if he is not taken alive.

His sons though probably would want to live for a bit.
                  A bit of what?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    A bit of what?
                    A bit of life.

Until fair trial quickly followed by swift execution.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X