• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Late shifters?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late shifters?

Who is here a late shifter?

Let's tell the truth... you arrive late and pretend you leave late but in reality you leave 1 minute after everybody else have left. Am I correct? B@st@rds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hello Permy

are you having one of those days ?

are you a late sh1tter too ?

Milan in 'seen more of life than you'll see in your lifetime' mode.

Comment

MB, what a retort!!!

Fantastic!

Comment

C*nts the lot of 'em.

I'm an early bird - get here an hour (or even two) before some of the lazy fecks here.

Trouble is they all look at you and think "lazy twat" when you leave at 4:30-5:00pm.

Not that I give a sh*t as I get paid about 4 times than the permie tossers!

traj. in "had to get that off me chest" mode

Comment

Me too. Like to be in the office at 8.00am absolute latest, often in at 7.00am

Difference is I end up embroiled in some @#%$ and leave at 7.00pm too. :rolleyes

Coonts.

Comment

re

Why is the work done before 9 am much more valuable than work done after 5:00?

At the place where I think sasguru works. There were a group of people I called the breakfast club. They would get in at 8 check email. Send e-mail to each other to go for bacon butty. Come back at 8:45 pretend to feverishly work and practice their look of disgust and tutting for the post 9 arrivers. Of course they were all gone come 5.

I never take any notice of the company start time. Usually in at 9:30 if the boss is happy who gives a fook?

Comment

Re: re

In winter, arrive at 10, leave at 5:30 with 1/2 hour lunch
              In summer, arrive at 9, leave at 4:30 with 1/2 hour lunch

7 hours always, no more, no less. Work always gets done within budget. Not because I'm brilliant. I'm not! It's just I've been here so long (9 years), that it's become almost mechanical.

After this contract, I'll definitely leave computing, it's DEAD BORING!!!!

Comment

I'm in at 7:15 every morning...let's call me contractor A.

Contractor A starts at 7:15 and stays till about 4:15ish.

Contractor B...Dave...oh sh1t, that's his real name...Well Dave turns up anywhere between 11 and 1:30 but is supposed to start not later than 9:30 and only lives a short tube journey from work.

We can tell that Cont B naffs off within 15 minutes of all the other contractors, yet gets paid the same day rate as the rest of us. Then he gets his kinickers in a twist when the client & agency tell him his contract is not being renewed...Heck, some days he just don't turn up at all!

It's quite funny when he sits there bleating on about how unjust the world is and that he has been nothing less than professional and hard working during his time here.

Dave, if you listening, it's as we all told you yesterday while having a fag...you're a fecking idiot!

Comment

Why is the work done before 9 am much more valuable than work done after 5:00?
                  Well, if you're anything like me, it's because you've been to the pub at lunch time |I

Comment

"Contractor A starts at 7:15 and stays till about 4:15ish.

Contractor B...Dave...oh sh1t, that's his real name...Well Dave turns up anywhere between 11 and 1:30 but is supposed to start not later than 9:30 and only lives a short tube journey from work"

Hey, maybe Contractor B he's my colleague's brother!!! :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X