• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thy father, thou art in Tescos.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thy father, thou art in Tescos.....

Tesco's pennies from heaven at the church that became a supermarket | Mail Online

I stumbled in and saw this at the back.

But he added: ‘Although it is sad, it is only a building. You could say it is not appropriate to have a Tesco Express in it but once it is sold it is no longer under our control.’
    I suppose they would have preferred it to become a pub/nightclub for drunken young people.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

‘It just seems such a shame for this beautiful building to be turned into a Tesco.

‘It seems like you can’t go anywhere in England today without being within spitting distance of one.

‘I understand that having the building empty is no good for anyone, but it seems odd that a former church is being used to sell cigarettes, alcohol and lottery tickets.

‘It feels like just another step in the increasing marginalisation of Christianity in our community.

‘I suppose it represents people’s priorities nowadays – the convenience of being able to buy their bread a few miles closer is more important than prayer and religion.’

- James Rippon, a 36-year-old accountant who lives nearby
      James Rippon is clearly a numpty of the highest order who really needs to understand that if anyone is at 'fault' here, it's the Church for selling it in the first place. As for "increasing marginalisation of Christianity in our community" why did they sell it, declining attendance, that's why. Not really the fault of a supermarket, rather the community that James thinks he is the mouthpiece for.
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Tesco and religion? Excuse for a link to one of the most brilliant short stories ever written.

Looking for meaning
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
        X