• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

newbie - setting up limited company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie - setting up limited company

Hi Guys

sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place or if someone has asked this before.

I am in the process of signing up my limited company. When it comes to shares and inputting the info i keep getting alot of decimal points.

for example: Aggregate nominal value 50.000 - fifty thousand???

Sorry if that sounds silly.

Thanks

I think you assume we know what on earth you are talking about here???

50.000 is generally 50 here in the UK but you haven't indicated where you are from. Some places in the EU use a point instead of a , so 50.000 would be 50 thousand.

Bit more information might help.

Do you have an accountant? He could do this for you
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by globalBA View Post

This is a UK site aimed primarily at people working in the UK.

Different tax jurisdictions around the world have different rules and regulations on company set up. If you are lucky and post more information someone may (and I stress the "may") be able to help you.

However as northernladuk stated you need to give more information.

BTW I'm a gal.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by globalBA View Post
        Hi Guys

sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place or if someone has asked this before.

I am in the process of signing up my limited company. When it comes to shares and inputting the info i keep getting alot of decimal points.

Thanks
        I have to agree with what has been said so far.

A bit more information would help, but if in doubt ask your accountant if you have one.

They should be able to set your new Ltd company up for you at small charge or even no cost depending on who your with.

Comment

Working...
        X