• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Silk, the ancient material of the future

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silk, the ancient material of the future

I had no idea silk was so versatile.

http://www.ted.com/talks/fiorenzo_om...re.html?ref=nf
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I had no idea silk was so versatile.
    It's not the only thing you have no idea about.

How is your big euros going? Have not seen you boasting about your big style continental earnings and how low sterling is, soon you might be able to buy whole of Scotland on your single day of earnings!!!

HTH

Comment

As bad as the other one.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

scooter, for a supposedly very highly paid engineer you display a worrying lack of knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          scooter, for a supposedly very highly paid engineer you display a worrying lack of knowledge.
          Apparently no more worrying than the limited knowledge required to support the foundations of such statements.

Creditability is not earned be he who shouts the loudest, although he who thinks the smallest may disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Creditability is not earned be he who shouts the loudest, although he who thinks the smallest may disagree.
            You probably meant credibility, was spelling optional in your school?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              You probably meant credibility, was spelling optional in your school?
              There's an app for that.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

I never got to learn about silk, because the page needs JavaScript turned on and apparently Flash too

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  I never got to learn about silk, because the page needs JavaScript turned on and apparently Flash too
                  It's a video. A ted talk. They are quite famous, you would like them. They are on youtube as well I think.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    It's a video. A ted talk. They are quite famous, you would like them.
                    Only amongst a limited number of the cUK fraternity I fear.

Comment

Working...
                    X