• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who here works in Zurich?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who here works in Zurich?

I know how he feels

Franc monster is strangling Switzerland's economy | Business | The Guardian

But for many wealthy Swiss residents, many of whom own homes abroad, the situation has left them even richer. Drinking outside Zurich's Churchi am Wasser restaurant, a group of software developers were toasting the success of a new project.

"My disposable income has gone through the roof recently," said Martin Taylor, 41, a British IT manager who has a euro mortgage on a house in the Netherlands. "In Holland, I paid 52% income tax. Where I live, in the canton of Zug, I pay 5.6%".

Too true..

We suffer because our poor, weak, debased currency is falling ever lower thus driving up costs of energy and imports while the Swiss are just as badly served by their overpriced currency.

Like them we should have joined the euro when we had the chance. Now like them we pay the price for our foolishness.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 23 August 2011, 07:57.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Me and made a killing doing a transfer when the franc was at its lowest in history....

Comment

What about Federal Tax, RAV, health insurance and all that? Usually tops out at 30% IIRC...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          What about Federal Tax, RAV, health insurance and all that? Usually tops out at 30% IIRC...
          WHS

And the low tax areas such as Zug are pretty pricy for rent etc.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
          X