• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

King Arthur Pendragon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King Arthur Pendragon

Seems his legal battle has failed

BBC News - King Arthur Pendragon loses human remains legal battle

A druid who went to the High Court to try to stop researchers examining ancient human remains found at Stonehenge has failed in his legal bid.

Self-styled druid King Arthur Pendragon wanted the remains found in 2008 to be reburied immediately.

He was fighting a Ministry of Justice decision allowing scientists at Sheffield University to analyse the samples for five more years.
    Anyone know how he's paying the legal fees?
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Former soldier Mr Pendragon, 57, who represented himself at the hearing, has vowed to continue his fight to have the remains reburied.

Comment

He was fighting a Ministry of Justice decision allowing scientists at Sheffield University to analyse the samples for five more years.
      And who's paying for that five extra years of pointless research?

Yeah, I thought so.
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
        And who's paying for that five extra years of pointless research?

Yeah, I thought so.
        What makes you think the research is pointless?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          They've had the bones for 3 years already... and what are they hoping to find out from 5,000 year old remains?

Oh and NF
          Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
            They've had the bones for 3 years already... and what are they hoping to find out from 5,000 year old remains?

Oh and NF
            Hey Rav! You sober?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Hey Rav! You sober?
              Who he?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Originally posted by Ravello View Post

Oh and NF
                Pretty much what Ravello said. What can there possibly still be to find out after three years research, that merits another five years funding. Even if these were the bones of the first Kings and ruling class, as he suggests, so what? It has no bearing on present day Royal lineage.

IMHO It smacks of the 'research gravy train', like the stream of 'recent research shows . . .' stories from the BBC.
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                  Pretty much what Ravello said. What can there possibly still be to find out after three years research, that merits another five years funding. Even if these were the bones of the first Kings and ruling class, as he suggests, so what? It has no bearing on present day Royal lineage.

IMHO It smacks of the 'research gravy train', like the stream of 'recent research shows . . .' stories from the BBC.
                  So basically, knowledge is worthless unless you personally can think of a use for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Hey Rav! You sober?
                    Churchy!!

I'd be lying if I said yes right now, but I think I was pretty close when I posted earlier
                    Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X