• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying a bedsit for income

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a bedsit for income

Given that rates will soon be negative it might be good idea to get in debt up to eyeballs and make some income too

AtW. Buy a two bed house or flat and rent the spare room to a Russian lady. Don't forget to collect the "rent" every week.

Boomed!

Comment

AtW. You're learning. You can get a mortgage with interest rate under 3%, then put your savings into NS&I inflation linked bonds.

In effect get a free house as we head into a 20 year long playing of Status Quo's greatest hits, the Japan remix.

I'm sure it's that simple.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        AtW. Buy a two bed house or flat and rent the spare room to a Russian lady. Don't forget to collect the "rent" every week. Boomed!

I know of landlords that have rented out their 3 bed houses to 20 odd polish workers (crammed into multiple bunk beds in every room), charging £50 per person per week.

Now that's what I call boomed!
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
        X