• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A fooking brilliant idea!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A fooking brilliant idea!

Treasury adviser calls for property tax - Times Online

The more your house goes up, the more you pay!

And don't abolish the other taxes, just add this one on. We have a deficit to pay off.

The article date is February 6, 2006...

Comment

If they tried to tax me an extra £10K it would be time to leave the UK.
      Luckily no capital gains tax on your main residence yet - only a matter of time.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        The article date is February 6, 2006...
        It's being discussed now.

Eric Pickles reveals split in coalition over Lib Dems 'mansion tax' | Politics | The Guardian

Comment

So a yearly tax paid on the value of your house, I have heard this somewhere before, oh thats right Council Tax
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Luckily no capital gains tax on your main residence yet - only a matter of time.

I thought Stamp Duty had the same effect. If your property has risen in value by the time you sell it, so will the next property you buy.

I'd support a significant tax on empty properties and rarely used holiday homes. No need to build all over the green belt then.

Shame the people in govermin own so many themselves, they'll never agree to it.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              So a yearly tax paid on the value of your house, I have heard this somewhere before, oh thats right Council Tax
              Well, we pay fuel duty AND VAT on petrol/diesel, so nothing to stop them taxing everything twice.

Tax it.
              Then put a duty on it.
              Then a levy on it.
              And then a charge on it.

Comment

"Before the election, the Lib Dems proposed a so-called "mansion tax" worth 1% on homes worth more than £2m."

The house I like costs £2.4 mln and by the time I can afford to buy it the price will go up to £24 mln if current money printing continues

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Well, we pay fuel duty AND VAT on petrol/diesel, so nothing to stop them taxing everything twice.

Tax it.
                  Then put a duty on it.
                  Then a levy on it.
                  And then a charge on it.
                  You're paying VAT on the duty paid in that example.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    "Before the election, the Lib Dems proposed a so-called "mansion tax" worth 1% on homes worth more than £2m."

The house I like costs £2.4 mln and by the time I can afford to buy it the price will go up to £24 mln if current money printing continues
                    By the time you can afford it Alexei it will have crumbled to dust - on the plus side you should be able to get a decent part-ex on your bedsit
                    Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X