• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What happens if you run a ratings agency and you strip the USA of it's AAA rating?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens if you run a ratings agency and you strip the USA of it's AAA rating?

S&P president Deven Sharma steps down just weeks after credit rating agency stripped US of AAA credit rating - Telegraph

McGraw-Hill, the parent of S&P, said in a statement late last night that he will be replaced by Douglas Peterson, now the chief operating officer of Citibank, Citigroup's chief banking arm.

It's a farce!

It's all a farce. Rich people don't get to stay rich by accident.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      It's all a farce. Rich people don't get to stay rich by accident.
      Come the revolution, eh Brother?

I wonder who that is breaking the door do...

Comment

Gold going up so fast it will breach infinity any day now.

Comment

Someone apparently bet like $800 mln on rating cut and made $10 bln.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Someone apparently bet like $800 mln on rating cut and made $10 bln.
            Who would do such a thing? I know I wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Who would do such a thing? I know I wouldn't.
              Who would without solid inside info on exact timing of event that never happened before...

Comment

They've also launched an investigation into S&Ps evaluations leading up to the credit crisis.

Apparently, its important to look at this stuff now. For some reason.

Assuming S&P's grading is fair (and presumably well, well, overdue), then the outrageous political reaction is surely reason enough to downgrade the USA further.

Comment

The funny thing is, this news will unsettle "investors" who will sell, sell, sell and buy into the "safe haven" of US government debt (bonds).

Comment

Working...
                  X