• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Seems I'm too large to ride a horse!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems I'm too large to ride a horse!

I was on the Wimbledon stables web site, to book a two or three hour riding session this weekend for myself and a couple of friends, when I noticed some small print saying the maximum weight for riders is 14 stone!

WTF! So that's that idea out of the window, and now I feel like Rollo the Ganger, so called because he was too large to ride a horse and had to "gang" around on foot!

Are there any other stables round London or Surrey that don't just cater for midgets and young kids, and would allow a normal-sized 18 stone guy to ride one of their nags?

Failing that, are there any elephant trails in the South East?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Just to make you feel really bad

threaded on a horse

Comment

I think the Shire-horse centre in Maidenhead has closed down?
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        I was on the Wimbledon stables web site, to book a two or three hour riding session this weekend for myself and a couple of friends, when I noticed some small print saying the maximum weight for riders is 14 stone!

WTF! So that's that idea out of the window, and now I feel like Rollo the Ganger, so called because he was too large to ride a horse and had to "gang" around on foot!

Are there any other stables round London or Surrey that don't just cater for midgets and young kids, and would allow a normal-sized 18 stone guy to ride one of their nags?

There are a few stables around London but they don't generally let you hack out. I suggest you find a decent hunting yard out in the sticks, or if you don't mind something a bit more sedate have a look at Hyde Park stables (be warned - it's a wallet lightening experience)
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Neeeiiigghhh - sorry couldn't resist.

Comment

At 18 Stone, falling off a horse doesn't bear thinking about...

Comment

Wow, how fat are you?

You could always get one of those rocking horses, but on wheels. Then get one of those sound machines and record a "neeiiighhhh" on it.

Comment

Why bother with a puny horse...

Comment

Working...
                X