• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving on up now......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving on up now......

So, you're looking to move house....not far, but somewhere bigger and on a nicer road . What would you do...poll to follow.
    Tin foil hat - Sell Up and Rent because the mother of all house price crashes is round the corner.
    7.69%
    Covering of bases - Rent out and rent because. Then decide to sell/buy at a later date.
    15.38%
    Traditional - Sell house and buy another when it sells – if it sells.
    30.77%
    All out properdy spekulant – Rent and buy another, ‘cus they only go up, innit.
    38.46%
    Andy W – Move back into moms and be No 1 internet warrior.
    7.69%

I'd check with potential neighbours to make sure they don't run any brothels or something like that...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      I'd check with potential neighbours to make sure they don't run any brothels or something like that...

How's the new pad? Got a sofa yet?

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
        How's the new pad? Got a sofa yet?
        I got sofa, but the whole building is likely to be sold so I might get kicked out just before Xmas ... then I'd wish I did not have sofa!!!

Comment

I got sofa, but the whole building is likely to be sold so I might get kicked out just before Xmas ... then I'd wish I did not have sofa!!!
          Bummer.

At least they are easier to get down. Just throw it down, then January sales round the corner.

Comment

That's actually a good point...I shall check on adultwork to see if there are any independant "workers" living very close by. Then see what they look like at least.

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
              So, you're looking to move house....not far, but somewhere bigger and on a nicer road . What would you do...poll to follow.
              If at all financially viable, never sell property - unless of course to raise funds to invest elsewhere.

It's not a get-rich-quick scheme, but property is the mainstay of many a rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                If at all financially viable, never sell property - unless of course to raise funds to invest elsewhere.

It's not a get-rich-quick scheme, but property is the mainstay of many a rich man.
                You can print a trillion pounds, you can't print land or property.

Comment

Just upsized and have money ready to go back into the BTL market probably at end of year. Prices can only go up!!!! Maybe.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

'You can print a trillion pounds, you can't print land or property. '

Yeah, it's not like they will keep building city centre flats till they are worth peanuts....

House going on market tomorrow, ah, the joy of people nosing round your house...

Comment

Working...
                    X