• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Libyan rebels; a point of order, chaps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Libyan rebels; a point of order, chaps

What ho comrades!

Should any Libyan rebels be perusing CUK today I should like to make a small point that may be of assistance.

I tuned my television set into Al-Jazeera last night to quickly catch up on the news of your struggle before retiring to bed. I was delighted at your progress, indeed you chaps have done a sterling job, showing that a few determined men with some gumption and a little help from their friends can achieve inspiring things. However I am somewhat concerned at the large number of people firing celebratory shots into the air. I should first wish to point out that this may endanger people, including your grannies who may be sitting on the balcony knitting nice Ramadan themed cardigans; you wouldn't wish to disturb their knit and purl just as they reach the fiddly bits at the sleeves, would you? Secondly I should point out that according to the news the battle is not yet entirely won, and that Colonel Ghaddaffi's forces are still fighting a rearguard action; you may yet need those bullets!

So I would advise; celebrate, but celebrate carefully, responsibly and with parsimonious use of valuable ammunition!

Toodle pip!
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Working...
X