• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bacon sandwich

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bacon sandwich

As I passed the chip shop this morning I noticed it was open, selling bacon rolls. What Englishmen could see those words and not want one or two, so after checking out the price (£2) I resolved to purchase a stick of bread and some bacon from the local supermarket. I did so and was quite satisfied with my bread purchase, a nice crusty bread stick or whatever they are called ("La Brea" on the receipt), with which I estimated I could make 4 bacon rolls. Without drooling too. Each with one slice of bacon in since I didn't want to make the same mistake as last time and have 5 rashers in a pitta bread folded in half; you can have too much of a good thing.

Anyway, I looked at the price of the bread stick on the receipt and was shocked to discover that it said £1.40! £1.40 for bread that only weighs a few grams! Do I have to start making my own bread now?

p.s. no egg with the bacon this time, but I fancy butter.

Sorry about you bacon rollless (triple 'l'?) people out there, as you were.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    You're not sorry at all, you complete and utter utter bastard.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Hmm. One down, 3 to go.

A poor facsimile of one of said items:

Not sure if I'm missing some bacon flavournols by microwaving the bacon rather than frying and stinking out the kitchen and creating a lot of messy washing-up.

Comment

Hmm. One down, 3 to go.

A poor facsimile of one of said items:

Not sure if I'm missing some bacon flavournols by microwaving the bacon rather than frying and stinking out the kitchen and creating a lot of messy washing-up.
        edit: two, two

Comment

Microwave bacon isn't right.

Bacon and Avocado is a nice combination.

I will be having my brunch fry up shortly.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

As I passed the chip shop this morning I noticed it was open, selling bacon rolls. What Englishmen could see those words and not want one or two, so after checking out the price (£2) I resolved to purchase a stick of bread and some bacon from the local supermarket. I did so and was quite satisfied with my bread purchase, a nice crusty bread stick or whatever they are called ("La Brea" on the receipt), with which I estimated I could make 4 bacon rolls. Without drooling too. Each with one slice of bacon in since I didn't want to make the same mistake as last time and have 5 rashers in a pitta bread folded in half; you can have too much of a good thing.

Anyway, I looked at the price of the bread stick on the receipt and was shocked to discover that it said £1.40! £1.40 for bread that only weighs a few grams! Do I have to start making my own bread now?

p.s. no egg with the bacon this time, but I fancy butter.

Good bread is not cheap. Try and go to Waitrose at the end of the day, the bread will be sold for pence.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Are you sure you're a contractor?
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                Microwave bacon isn't right.

Bacon and Avocado is a nice combination.

I will be having my brunch fry up shortly.
                Bacon and Stilton...

ftw!

Comment

"Sorry" my ar$e!

All I've got is

with a splash of

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    WNATS

That's so not fair - I'm sitting here now with my tastebuds working overtime and wanting a bacon sarni....

Barsteward!
                    Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
                    X