• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A disturbing statistic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A disturbing statistic

BBC News - Neet youths figure at second-quarter high

18.4% of 16-24 year olds aren't in work, education or training. That is quite astonishing and a bit scary.

There is only one answer. We need more wars so they can join the army and be slaughtered.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post

18.4% of 16-24 year olds aren't in work, education or training. That is quite astonishing and a bit scary.

There is only one answer. We need more wars so they can join the army and learn how to slaughter someone else's kids.
    FTFY

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I wonder why they chose 24 as the upper limit. Wouldn't 21 or 22, being normal university leavinag age, be fairer?

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

There is only one answer. We need more wars so they can join the army and be slaughtered.
        I just did some calculations of the difference of wages for 16-21 year olds and I believe the main reason why there are high numbers out of work is because they want to be paid too much and they get benefits too easy.

Back in the 60s schools leavers would either go for a low paid position or an apprenticeship. There were no benefits paid to teenagers. An apprenticeship would involve a lump sum payment to the employer to train the apprentice. The equivalent wage for 16-21 year olds today would be £2 to £3 per hour, far less than today’s minimum wage.

At Paddy’s former coffee shop, I never employed teenagers because it was cheaper to employ adults who actually knew what they were doing and didn’t need constant supervision.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Pah, what happened to the good old days of Alistar Campbell being Spin Doctor to Herr Blair, he would be singing from the roof tops how over 80% of 16-24 years old were in Education, Employment or Training!
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Here is the reason...

BBC News - Net migration total up by a fifth

Net migration rose by 21% last year, with 239,000 more people arriving in the UK than those leaving, the Office for National Statistics has revealed.

In 2009, the total for net migration had stood at 198,000.

Comment

We're boomed compared to Spain where unemployment amongst young people is running at 45%, an utterly hopeless situation.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                Here is the reason...

BBC News - Net migration total up by a fifth

Net migration rose by 21% last year, with 239,000 more people arriving in the UK than those leaving, the Office for National Statistics has revealed.

In 2009, the total for net migration had stood at 198,000.
                that is only part of the reason, the main reasons are that welfare provision is too soft and education is too poor.
                Do you think all these migrants would be here if they were to receive unemployment benefits equivalent to those in the UK at home?
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  that is only part of the reason, the main reasons are that welfare provision is too soft and education is too poor.
                  Do you think all these migrants would be here if they were to receive unemployment benefits equivalent to those in the UK at home?
                  The Kraken awakes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    At Paddy’s former coffee shop, I never employed teenagers because it was cheaper to employ adults who actually knew what they were doing and didn’t need constant supervision.
                    Speaking to my neighbour yesterday he commented on sacking his daughter due to her being unreliable. He was a mite annoyed as the plan was to offload the next cafe to her to "manage" / take the profits.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X