• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online VAT returns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online VAT returns

Actually work really well. I'm impressed. Now if only it didn't involve paying them money as well.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Totally agree. One gov system they do appear to have got right, never had a problem with it

Comment

First couple of times was a bit cumbersome by having to find the relevant links in the screens. So I documented the steps to follow and now complete the submission in minutes. Agree, nice and easy (for once).

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Actually work really well. I'm impressed. Now if only it didn't involve paying them money as well.
        Yes, it's a pretty solid system.

I would have made it work even better for 10% of the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Yes, it's a pretty solid system.

I would have made it work even better for 10% of the cost.

You didn't offer the right people a short break in your country cottage or VIP tickets to the sport of their choice as part of corporate entertainment.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            You didn't offer the right people a short break in your country cottage or VIP tickets to the sport of their choice as part of corporate entertainment.
            No, that would be bride under Bribery Act 2010.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              No, that would be bride under Bribery Act 2010.

HTH
              You dont have to marry them, just give them money. or are you still trying to get your residency?

Comment

Overall, there's something nice and reliable about the VAT systems and staff, I've never had any problems with them and they're usually very helpful whenever I have a query where they'll give me a definitive answer that's tacked onto my tax account notes. Maybe it's because we're essentially the tax collector for them...

Can't say the same for the rest of HMRC staff though!

Comment

Originally posted by craig1 View Post
                  Overall, there's something nice and reliable about the VAT systems and staff, I've never had any problems with them and they're usually very helpful whenever I have a query where they'll give me a definitive answer that's tacked onto my tax account notes. Maybe it's because we're essentially the tax collector for them...

Can't say the same for the rest of HMRC staff though!
                  Just don't piss them about or try and avoid paying it. Then they get nasty

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Just don't piss them about or try and avoid paying it. Then they get nasty
                    Sounds like someone I know
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X