• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agents!!!

Got an email from an agent...

<agent> : Oi Churchill, seen your CV, looks like a good match for a contract we have, 12 months, Belgium, 500 Euro per day. Are you interested?

<churchill> : Yep, I'm interested, send me the Job Spec.

The agent sent me the full spec, I read it and yep, interesting work, 12 months and stuff that I can do and have done, a shoe in!

<churchill> : Yes Mr Agent I'm happy for you to send my CV and I'm available in 3 weeks...

<agent> : That's great! I'll get your details across to my client. Btw, would you do the contract for 300 Euro per day?

<churchill> : No...

WTF? 40% less than the original rate on offer?

Oh well, better stay where I am...

I think you mean 'adjective'.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      I think you mean 'adjective'.
      Possibly.

Comment

I think it is a new brilliant idea they have had. When I was looking to go permie (list of valid excuses on request) one pimp was talking about a gig which ticked all the boxes - then he casually dropped in that it paid 10K less than he originally said - I mean WTF?

I also had an interview (with their appointed agent) for a US SaaS software house who are trying to set up an implementation group here - they told me the sal range and asked what I wanted - told 'em the max of course. Then the pimp phiones to say the max budget is actually 20k less.

I dunno if they think we're going to say "Oh fair enough" or something, but both are now on my ignore list - the first pimp even had the cheek to ring me last week.

I do know that they have wasted a shed load of my time and theirs for no gain - and the SaaS job remains unfilled because I know two other people they tried to pull the exact same stunt with and who have also turned them down - one after being given a written offer. It is a crap business model as far as I can see to spend ages on the phone, email and writing letters only to hack everyone off and not make any cash.

Comment

Bottom half of the page; there must be at least one agent that you would...
          Team

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            I think it is a new brilliant idea they have had.

They forgot our brilliant idea of turning around and saying "No".

What amuses me more is then they then phone up 2 or 3 days later trying it on again.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              They forgot our brilliant idea of turning around and saying "No".

What amuses me more is then they then phone up 2 or 3 days later trying it on again.
              You're just playing hard to get.

Comment

Team
                All of whome are "backoffice", except Laura Tuininga, Marketing & Communicatie (s4@gs potential clients?) for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  All of whome are "backoffice", except Laura Tuininga, Marketing & Communicatie (s4@gs potential clients?) for some reason.
                  No, Marlies is an agent.

Comment

Team
                    What an unfortunate name..............Tanja Kok!! Does that mean she has a penchant for the Oxo Tower?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X