• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Commitment to the Cause

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commitment to the Cause

BBC News - 'Naked rambler' Steven Gough jailed again

The former Royal Marine, from Eastleigh in Hampshire, has been behind bars in Scotland for much of the past decade.

He has been repeatedly arrested in the street outside Perth Prison by police waiting for him to be released at the end of each sentence.

The latest 657-day sentence - his longest yet - includes the unexpired portion of his last sentence from which he was freed early, a year for breaching the peace and 90 days for contempt of court.
    Is walking around naked really that bad?
    Coffee's for closers

Must get cold in winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      People should be allowed to walk around starkers if they want as long as I and more importantly my young daughter don't have to see them. The problem with this tool is that he wants to and actually does go everywhere naked and if you are unfortunate enough to be where he is you have not choice.

Comment

I wonder if he walks around naked in prison.
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          Is walking around naked really that bad?
          A more pertinent question might be "Is a bit of stir really that bad" if you are quite happy to be thrown back inside all the time?
          Let's give him a cell with just bars in the windows and no glass this time round then let him out next March. See what his attitude to clothing is by then.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I wonder if he'd walk around naked if it wasn't illegal.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              I wonder if he'd walk around naked if it wasn't illegal.
              He is ex-Navy. It is quite possible he would.

HTH
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

He is going to live the rest of his life in prison which is slightly sad.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  He is ex-Navy. It is quite possible he would.

HTH
                  A bit of inter-service rivalry there, eh Corporal Bhoy?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    A bit of inter-service rivalry there, eh Corporal Bhoy?
                    Took you long enough...............and it is Sergeant Bhoy to you!!

Comment

Working...
                    X