• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nice Doomed article by Telegraph

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Doomed article by Telegraph

Market crash 'could hit within weeks', warn bankers - Telegraph

Time to buy gold?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Time to buy gold?
      Yes. Gold price falling, so cause a panic, gold price rises.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

So keep my cash for a few more weeks?

Comment

I'm beginning to think that when such articles are published, both journalistse and the people they quote should be forced to declare their own position on the market.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Every time I go to invest in shares recently I see something like this that makes me indecisive, just when I think the market has bottomed out, along comes the doom merchants to say it'll go even lower. I want to put a good few thousand into shares for a very long term investment but I'd rather do it right at the foot of the market.

I'd be a bit annoyed if I spent that money then shares fell by another 10-20%. That said, the market might make a huge recovery and I'll be annoyed at having missed out on the recent lows.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              I'm beginning to think that when such articles are published, both journalistse and the people they quote should be forced to declare their own position on the market.
              Well a few years ago some Mirror journalists got done for insider trading so it's worth taking all "news" items for third parties with a massive pinch of salt.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The market could crash within seconds.
                The market could crash within minutes.
                The market could crash within hours.
                The market could crash within days.
                The market could crash within weeks.
                The market could crash within months.
                The market could crash within years.
                The market could crash within decades.

You have been warned! Take appropriate action!

Comment

Originally posted by craig1 View Post
                  Every time I go to invest in shares recently I see something like this that makes me indecisive, just when I think the market has bottomed out, along comes the doom merchants to say it'll go even lower. I want to put a good few thousand into shares for a very long term investment but I'd rather do it right at the foot of the market.

I'd be a bit annoyed if I spent that money then shares fell by another 10-20%. That said, the market might make a huge recovery and I'll be annoyed at having missed out on the recent lows.
                  Average into the market over a period of time. If you're investing for the longer term then this would be a more appropriate way to get into the market and not risk it in one big hit

Comment

Originally posted by craig1 View Post

If you're going to "invest" then buy shares in companies and industries that you know about. Do some research instead of being a sheep.

Comment

Working...
                    X