• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Must be all in the delivery...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must be all in the delivery...

1) Nick Helm: "I needed a password eight characters long so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves."

2) Tim Vine: "Crime in multi-storey car parks. That is wrong on so many different levels."

3) Hannibal Buress: "People say 'I'm taking it one day at a time'. You know what? So is everybody. That's how time works."

4) Tim Key: "Drive-Thru McDonalds was more expensive than I thought... once you've hired the car..."

5) Matt Kirshen: "I was playing chess with my friend and he said, 'Let's make this interesting'. So we stopped playing chess."

BBC News - Edinburgh Fringe funniest jokes
    It's about time I changed this sig...

Tim Vine won the 'funniest one liner award' last year with....

Just back from the holiday of a lifetime. Tell you what, never again......
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      Tim Vine won the 'funniest one liner award' last year with....

Just back from a once in a lifetime holiday. Tell you what, never again......
      FTFY... actually a decent witty statement I thought... this year's are pony!
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

6) Sarah Millican: "My mother told me, you don't have to put anything in your mouth you don't want to. Then she made me eat broccoli, which felt like double standards."

Comment

2) Tim Vine: "Crime in multi-storey car parks. That is wrong on so many different levels."
          Heard that one yesterday on "Live At The Apollo". Don't recall the comedians name, but he is very funny. Mostly does on-liner's.

His version went something like "I farted in the lift and it was wrong on so many levels".

Another I recall is "So what if I can't spell aarmageddon, it's not the end of the world is it"

Comment

Andrew Lawrence: "I admire these phone hackers. I think they have a lot of patience. I can't even be bothered to check my OWN voicemails."
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Not only are they crap I have heard them before.

I heard a variant of the "winner" a couple of months back.

IT guy sees blonde typing her password. He notices it takes her a long time to enter it, so he goes and speaks to her. She confides that her password is Micky, Minnie, Goofy, Daffy, Bugs, Cinderella, Dopey and Paris. She says it is the computers fault. When asked how so? She says the computer insisted her password was 8 characters and had to include 1 capital.
              Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

I like Tim Vine's stuff. Rapid fire, relentless and still funny. He must get through hundreds of one liners in a show.

Much better than Mcantyre's (sp?) "isn't it funny being middle class" crap.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  Heard that one yesterday on "Live At The Apollo". Don't recall the comedians name, but he is very funny. Mostly does on-liner's.

His version went something like "I farted in the lift and it was wrong on so many levels".

Another I recall is "So what if I can't spell aarmageddon, it's not the end of the world is it"

Oh, and comedian's

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

Oh, and comedian's
                    Ah.....saw that dude too and quite liked him.

He did a gag near the start of his act, apologising to the audience that he was a 'one liner guy' then he said, yeah, I do one liners, I don't tell stories....and it's interesting how that came about........

Like Tim Vine gags too normally, but his live delivery is awful.
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X