• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flash Adverts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash Adverts

Flash Adverts

Some time ago some clever person on this forum produced a script to drop into the browser address bar that resulted in a selected kill of flash adverts. I saved it somewhere safe; but now can’t find it. Can anyone help please?
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Flash Adverts

Some time ago some clever person on this forum produced a script to drop into the browser address bar that resulted in a selected kill of flash adverts. I saved it somewhere safe; but now can’t find it. Can anyone help please?
    I thought Flash was the bee-knees and Apple are stupid for no allowing it on their iPhones/Ipads?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Flash Adverts

Not strictly what you're after but if you're using Firefox there's an add-on called 'Adblock Plus' which will selectively block any type of advert.
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
        Not strictly what you're after but if you're using Firefox there's an add-on called 'Adblock Plus' which will selectively block any type of advert.
        Thanks, I will keep that one in mind but the "URL" drop-in script was good as it could be used anywhere on any PC.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I haven't read this thread in detail, but does this help?

Comment

Was it Nick Fitz.? He did summit about dropping in address bar anyway.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Oh no doohg with contributions from nick

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...literally.html

Completely irrelevant to your question, that makes a change.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Oh no doohg with contributions from nick

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...literally.html

Completely irrelevant to your question, that makes a change.
                That's great. Thanks for that!: happy

Comment

Working...
                X