• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why is it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is it?

I walked past Victoria coach station yesterday on the way to a meeting, being an observant agent I noticed two things:
    There was an abundance of people from eastern europe arriving presumably to work in jobs at the a*** end of the jobs market. There was also a considerable number of (self??) "important" looking characters wandering around in quasi police uniforms wearing "community officer" badges on the backs of their high vis yellow jackets. Now it seems to me that all these uniformed twits do all day is to give visitors directions; they do nothing else (they are all so fat, old and or unhealthy they couldnt possibly chase or detain a pickpocket).
    Why is it then that the tax payer is forking out vast sums of money to employ British people to give directions to immigrant workers? should these people not themselves be working as barmen, pickers, care workers, street sweepers etc?. After all if a Polish barman has the initiative to find his way to London, it shouldnt be too hard for him to work out his travel directions once he gets here.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

But how would that make more people vote Labour?

Comment

DodgyAgent: you mistake the purpose of the yellow jackets, think early days of the brown shirts.

HTH

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
        DodgyAgent: you mistake the purpose of the yellow jackets, think early days of the brown shirts.

HTH

Threaded they dont really look threatening enough to worry anyone, but I bet they will vote labour.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Everyone used to laugh at the brownshirts at first as well...

Comment

Everyone used to laugh at the brownshirts at first as well...

You saw it first threaded (in 5 years time whilst you are sitting in solitary as a political prisoner you will be able to wallow in the satisfatction of being able to say "I told you so" )

Comment

No, they will cause me to have an 'accident'.

It is already happening.

Comment

No, they will cause me to have an 'accident'.

It is already happening.
                You ARE an accident, Threaded. A miserable stain on the fabric of life.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Has anyone been in a bar or restaurant recently where the staff have not been mostly East European? High percentage in supermarkets too.

Ah yes, silly me! they do the jobs British people don't want of course!

The only slight problem I have with that concept is that a couple of years back I cannot recall hanging around in these same or similar bars/restaurants/supermarkets for hours waiting to be served because of staff shortages.

The reality is mostly that immigrants create their own demand. Add more people, you need more barmen, shop assistants, doctors etc to cater for them. The gross domestic product goes up, the quality of life goes down and, if you're really lucky, the standard of living goes nowhere.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
                    Has anyone been in a bar or restaurant recently where the staff have not been mostly East European? High percentage in supermarkets too.

Ah yes, silly me! they do the jobs British people don't want of course!

The only slight problem I have with that concept is that a couple of years back I cannot recall hanging around in these same or similar bars/restaurants/supermarkets for hours waiting to be served because of staff shortages.

The reality is mostly that immigrants create their own demand. Add more people, you need more barmen, shop assistants, doctors etc to cater for them. The gross domestic product goes up, the quality of life goes down and, if you're really lucky, the standard of living goes nowhere.
                    It all stems from the mindset you see. Rather than thinking of ourselves as a medium sized country in Europe, some people persist in the grandeur of Empire. Hence adventures in Iraq and allowing unlimited immigration - becuase of course a "big" country doesn't need to worry about such trivia.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X