• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why am I awake?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why am I awake?

My body clock has gone mental. It's nearly 1:30 AM and I'm about to have my dinner. I would much rather be asleep, I did actually go to bed but I got up again cos I couldn't sleep. Aaarrgh!
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Welcome to my world, I suffer from really bad insomnia, but it just gets un bearable when I am on the bench and lose my routine.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

There is bugger all on telly, I've read the internet and I've nearly finished my book. I might read it again and do some of the exercises.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Got the headphones in and listening to music, will be doing so until 4-4:30 if recent nights are anything to go by and will be wide awake again by 7:00am

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I beat this problem

This is how i've overcome this problem:

1/ Do a lot of exercise so you are physically exhausted at bedtime. An hour of focused exercise per day is plenty

2/ Leave work at 6pm

3/ Dont eat substantially after 7pm

4/ Dont look at the internet or anything mentally stimulating an hour before bed. The last hour before bed should be winding down and getting ready for the next stage of the day - sleep

5/ Glass of red wine in the evening will relax you

6/ Wake and go to bed at same time everyday

Now I sleep like a baby and I feel refreshed even though i'm doing 12 hour days reasonably often

Comment

Tried that, nothing seems to work, I just can't switch off.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Tried that, nothing seems to work, I just can't switch off.
              If you are single, have you tried one off the wrist before sleep?

Stopping binge drinking helps too. That screws up your kip.

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post

Stopped drinking period

Comment

Are you asleep yet?

Time to go to work...
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Stopped drinking period
                    I think he was talking about alcohol.
                    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                    X