• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What has happened to Scottish football?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What has happened to Scottish football?

No Scots left in any "European" tournaments.

What has happened? A rich tradition has been broken. There has always been a Scottish club in the later stages of European tournaments, but this year they have all fallen early.
    I did not expect Hearts to beat Spurs, but surely Celtic and Rangers should have qualified.
    This damages Scottish teams in a big way as there is some sort of ranking system that says which leagues are eligible for tournaments without qualifying.

Tis a sad day indeed.
    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post

What has happened? A rich tradition has been broken. There has always been a Scottish club in the later stages of European tournaments, but this year they have all fallen early.
    I did not expect Hearts to beat Spurs, but surely Celtic and Rangers should have qualified.
    This damages Scottish teams in a big way as there is some sort of ranking system that says which leagues are eligible for tournaments without qualifying.

Tis a sad day indeed.
    Yep, I'm crying into my Guinness!

Comment

Tis a sad day indeed.
      WGAS?

Comment

All out before the end of August. Tis a sad day indeed.

I remember when jocks had good teams and good players, but it's more like the English League One up there now.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          WGAS?
          WHS.
          Bread and circuses for the proles.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Why should we care? The Scots will cheer on any team that plays against an English team.

Sod 'em.
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

Scottish football has been in a steady state of decline for the last 20 odd years, even the Old Firm have gradually moved from being competitive in the CL, to struggling to qualify, to competitive in Europa cup... Last night was just the next step towards the footballing abyss.

Whether it's a sad day or not I guess is open to your point of view, but this has long been on the cards. Even if Scottish teams did have more money to throw at players there is still the fundamental issue that the SPL is simply not competitive, and therefore is unattractive for any top player at the peak of their career.
              Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

There has always been a Scottish club in the later stages of European tournaments, but this year they have all fallen early.
                Nonsense, it used to be regular source of amusement for anyone outside the old firm that Rangers and Celtic were never in Europe after Christmas. Admittedly, being out of Europe before September is a new low even for them.

Comment

Give us our fuggin' managers back.

(Resonable chance Celtic might still go through though)

Comment

Why stop at football ? Take anything scottish.

Nuke the entire place and nobody would notice.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X