• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

calculate how much i've earned in a minute?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

calculate how much i've earned in a minute?

In a whole load of very boring workshops... need motivation... anyone know of any widgets where it'd tell me how much I earned in a minute (of someone yapping away)...?

Originally posted by MiniMani View Post
    In a whole load of very boring workshops... need motivation... anyone know of any widgets where it'd tell me how much I earned in a minute (of someone yapping away)...?
    I use calc.exe

comes as standard with Windows

HTH
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Never heard of pootimer? I paid for my new car whilst on the toilet, the longer you tulip, the better car you can get!

Simples!

Comment

Ask Northernlad. I believe he has a screensaver that you can type your rate into and when you come back from having a crap you can see how much you just made.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You really ought to be able to do those sort of sums in your head.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Maths not your strong point?
            Divide your hourly rate by 60.
            Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              You really ought to be able to do those sort of sums in your head.
              I'm lazy.

Thanks ppls, not heard of any calcs - new to contracting.

Comment

I remember in the dmi and distant past that someone on here actually coded up a widget to do just that, but I forget who it was now.

edit : Not the one I was thinking off but this will do the job.

http://www.mrceri.co.uk/projects/salarytimer/
                Last edited by DaveB; 26 August 2011, 13:14.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I've earn't £2.10 reading this thread and typing this.

HTH

Comment

I use an iPhone app called iCostYou. I set it going at the beginning of any meeting that has the potential to bore me tulipless, which is most of them.

Comment

Working...
                    X