• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Formula 1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Formula 1

Shaping up to be a pretty exciting race and not even any sign of rain! No idea how to predict who might win other than blindly guessing Vettel

And nice 70's car-chase style crash through the polystyrene barrier!
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Vettel again.

And he's such a scruff. Like an old racer from the fifties or sixties. Why hasn't he gone for the clean-cut management company image and trophy totty like Hamilton, Alonso and the rest?

Comment

I really thought Button was going to win at one stage. And then Vettel overtook him.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I was wondering if the advertiser is entitled to a partial refund on the grounds that some of their ads weren't on view for the entire duration of the event, due to Hamilton careering through them.

Comment

Au contraire, they'll get a bigger bill due to all the extra coverage on the news.

Looked like Hamilton was stunned or knocked out by the impact. He was motionless until after a marshall tapped him on the head. Not the best idea if he's concussed.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            Looked like Hamilton was stunned or knocked out by the impact. He was motionless until after a marshall tapped him on the head. Not the best idea if he's concussed.
            Yes that was a bit scary. He didn't seem to be moving at all at first, and then got out of the car very slowly. He sounded a bit dazed in the interview too.

Apparently he's apologised for the incident, blaming himself 100%. Maybe he is concussed.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Very entertaining race and some top class driving throughout the field. The Hamilton incident was unfortunate but thems the breaks.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                Au contraire, they'll get a bigger bill due to all the extra coverage on the news.

I thought he was in bad shape when I saw him slide along the barrier before thumping into the end bit.

There was a programme on TV other day about the early Grand Prix years which looks pretty frightening by today's standards. Drivers burning to death in their cars and no one really bothered, etc, and a death every season.

Comment

It's weird, it didn't seem that big a hit but I suppose he was spinning. He definitely sounded off in the interview.

Great race though. I think Michael's best race since his return, to beat his team-mate from last place. I hope he'll stay for next year.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    There was a programme on TV other day about the early Grand Prix years which looks pretty frightening by today's standards. Drivers burning to death in their cars and no one really bothered, etc, and a death every season.

Yeah saw it the other night. Grand Prix - The Killer Years. Been repeated on the BBC a few times over recent weeks.

Can be watched on YouTube. Grand Prix - The Killer Years - YouTube

Hard to imagine that era where health and safety was taken so lightly. Several deaths a season. Drivers having to free themselves or wait for a long time for someone to come to their aid.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X