• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FREE broadband from Carphone? to good to be true?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FREE broadband from Carphone? to good to be true?

http://carphone.at/freebroadband

Its all over the papers and TV, but is it really too good to be true?

8mb line for life for only a tenner a month. All other broadband providers are surely gonna follow suit?

40 GB traffic limit, plus you will have to sing up to TalkTalk - your monthly costs won't be less than 20 quid and that's only if your exchange was unbundled, other wise I think its 10 quid more.

Comment

You have to have a BT line, so monthly spend is going to be £21.50 at least. It's not as much as you can eat broadband either.

It's a good deal, but as with most things, when they say "free", they really mean Free*

*Terms & Conditions apply.

Comment

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
          40 GB traffic limit, plus you will have to sing up to TalkTalk - your monthly costs won't be less than 20 quid and that's only if your exchange was unbundled, other wise I think its 10 quid more.
          And if your singing's anything like mine, they'd show you the door straight away in any case.

Comment

I'd sing if it was SingSing.

Comment

Working...
            X