• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Great British Institutions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great British Institutions

It's sad when a great British institution goes belly up, gets corrupted, or screws up badly. Like the banks, the Police , the press, MP's, BBC , Immigration service, education system, the pub etc.

It made me wonder what truly world class things we have left, thing we should be truly proud of

I have a few

RNLI
    Ordnance survey
    The military
    Rivers and Canals
    Fish n Chips

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

RSPCA
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Digestive biscuits.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Hunting and beagling

<awaits angry tirades from veggies, townies, lefties etc>

Comment

Rolls Royce
          British Aerospace
          The 3rd largest motor industry in Europe
          Top universities
          GSK and the rest of the world beating life sciences industry
          The City (as a whole, not counting certain bad banks)
          etc
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

NSPCC - although why we need an organisation like that in the 21st Century beggars belief.

The Mission to Seafarers - "They that go down to the sea in ships..."

The Church of England - someone's got to stand up against the march of Roman Catholicism and so far so good, we're winning!

Comment

Marmite
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Oh I forgot to say the food. And no I'm not joking.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

There are new Great British Institutions coming along all the time. I suggest the British Olympic Cycling Team. Cheer them on next year.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Oh I forgot to say the food. And no I'm not joking.
                    You're right. Britain's probably one of the best countries in Europe for going out to eat these days, along with Belgium but not quite (yet) matching Italy.

Comment

Working...
                    X