• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Power cut at ClientCo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power cut at ClientCo

The perils of being in small (but very fashionable) studio office space in Clerkenwell: a couple of fuses go and now we have no Internet, fridge or kettle. Most people have gone for a long, early lunch as we await the landlord's electrical minion

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The perils of being in small (but very fashionable) studio office space in Clerkenwell: a couple of fuses go and now we have no Internet, fridge or kettle. Most people have gone for a long, early lunch as we await the landlord's electrical minion
    Sounds like Hurricane Irene has jumped the pond. stock up on pot noodles , beans and canoes

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Surely as contractor you should be sent home

Comment

Originally posted by oversteer View Post
        Surely as contractor you should be sent home
        Last time this happened to me, as a contractor, i had a laptop and my own 3G dongle so unfortunately could carry on working as the permies took most of the morning off
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

We're back on again

Comment

Only happened to me once at a large multi-national client co.

It was Xmas eve and like a true contractor, I was in billing, and guessing we'd get away early at 2pm or so.

Electricity went off at 10am, by 10:30 the boss told us to go and just invoice the day anyway.

The contractors who had chosen to take the day off were not pleased!

Comment

The kettle still isn't working!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                The kettle still isn't working!
                Get out of there!

Comment

We had power cuts when I worked at Tate and Lyle Sugars. Silvertown could hardly be described as fashionable.

It was something to do with an agreement with the 'leccy board, as TLS produced their own steam.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

You could of course pop down to The Griffin at 125 Clerkenwell Road and use their facilities
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X