• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HOLIDAYS - Any Ideas ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOLIDAYS - Any Ideas ?

Got two sons, 11 and 2 years old, went to Majorca for hols but didn't feel like much of a break for me between keeping these two AND the missus happy...
    Any suggestions for destinations + activities for the next one (with them obviously, already got golf break with lads sorted...)?

Send the kids on a PGL adventure holiday and do what you want with the wife.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
      Got two sons, 11 and 2 years old, went to Majorca for hols but didn't feel like much of a break for me between keeping these two AND the missus happy...
      Any suggestions for destinations + activities for the next one (with them obviously, already got golf break with lads sorted...)?
      I should think your 2 year old will be happy whatever. It's the 11 year old that's your issue here. Try "Summer Camp" or buy him a ruck-sack, a pair of hiking boots and a tent, drop him in Edale and say "See you in Kirk Yetholm" in two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        I should think your 2 year old will be happy whatever. It's the 11 year old that's your issue here. Try "Summer Camp" or buy him a ruck-sack, a pair of hiking boots and a tent, drop him in Edale and say "See you in Kirk Yetholm" in two weeks.
        Which is what I just said. Dug.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
          Send the kids on a PGL adventure holiday and do what you want with the wife.
          A 2yr old?
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
            Which is what I just said. Dug.
            I was constructing my reply at the same instant you posted.

I tell you what, I'll hang around all day on the off chance that you may post something similar.

Actually, no I won't.

Comment

I was constructing my reply at the same instant you posted.

I tell you what, I'll hang around all day on the off chance that you may post something similar.

Actually, no I won't.
              I wouldn't bother, it'll just be more Griceresque pish.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                I wouldn't bother, it'll just be more Griceresque pish.
                Noted.

Comment

You are right, plan was to go to big complex so 11yo could make pals, which he did.....on the last bleedin' day.
                  Oddly, above plan is close to one my dad proposed when I was a feckless teenager with little interest in anything. He had read about this course where they essentially dump you in the wilds. 'He's had everything too easy that lad' was his prevailing view at the time, which as it happens is probably true...
                  Last edited by lukemg; 30 August 2011, 13:04.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
                    You are right, plan was to go to big complex so 11yo could make pals, which he did.....on the last bleedin' day.
                    Oddly, above plan is close to one my dad proposed when I was a feckless teenager with little interest in anything. He had read about this course where they essentially dump you in the wilds. 'He's had everything too easy that lad' was his prevailing view at the time, which as it happens is probably true...
                    It didn't do me any harm...

I also swam across Loch Long when I was 12 because it was too far to walk round the top via Arrochar to the Ardgarten camping site.

Kids today don't know they're born!

Comment

Working...
                    X