• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best GPS?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best GPS?

For walking on holiday. Ideally nothing expensive, don't need maps, would like it to be small. Just to output lat/long and maybe a heading. Pity the iPod Touch doesn't have one built in.

My new Samsung Galaxy S II with Android o/s has built in google maps and gps and navigation

how cool is that

will be even better when I figure out how to use it

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      For walking on holiday. Ideally nothing expensive, don't need maps, would like it to be small. Just to output lat/long and maybe a heading. Pity the iPod Touch doesn't have one built in.
      There are some very nice ones with OS maps.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Ordnance survey maps have all the info you'd need.

GPS? Unless you're in the middle of a featureless desert what's the point?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          There are some very nice ones with OS maps.
          Big and expensive? I only need something basic. A step up from a compass I got in a Christmas cracker.

Most suitable found so far seems to be this:

ChannelGoods Portable Mini GPS with Keychain for: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

But only has two reviews, one says it's tulip and the other says it's great.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Ordnance survey maps have all the info you'd need.

GPS? Unless you're in the middle of a featureless desert what's the point?
            I don't want to keep buying OS maps. Just drawing some lat/long lines on a tourist map would do, but they often aren't detailed enough for navigating.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              I don't want to keep buying OS maps. Just drawing some lat/long lines on a tourist map would do, but they often aren't detailed enough for navigating.
              Good luck.

You'll ******* need it!

"Don't worry kids, it's only a little straight line on this map!"

Comment

that reminds me,

I was in F on S, near the estate, a car pulled up, and showed me the map from the inside of the yellow pages, they wanted to get over the other side to
                Cinderford and asked me which way to go,

I said, there's a river in the way which isn't marked on that map, you'll need to go up
                to Glaaaaaaaaaaaster and round

the surprise on their faces

townies eh

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  that reminds me,

I was in F on S, near the estate, a car pulled up, and showed me the map from the inside of the yellow pages, they wanted to get over the other side to
                  Cinderford and asked me which way to go,

I said, there's a river in the way which isn't marked on that map, you'll need to go up
                  to Glaaaaaaaaaaaster and round

the surprise on their faces

townies eh

Milan.
                  It's only a little straight line...

Comment

exackery

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X