• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

temporary Summer student accommodation in central London ..where to look for...?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

temporary Summer student accommodation in central London ..where to look for...?

I have a foreign friend of a friend who lives abroad who is looking to house their 16 year old in central London just 10-15 days prior to an edcucational course starting; money is tight so they cannot afford a £79/ night hotel room.

I'm wondering if student residential housing (whilst vacant during the summer) is open to foreign students before their short course starts.

Does anyone know where to look for this or if this is indeed available at short notice in London ? what is the procedure for qualifying for this if you are a foreign student ? does it vary from campus to campus ? Do you contact each individual student campus admin or do you contact the main associated university instead ?

For a summer rental do you specifically have to be attending a course at the associated university or can you instead be an international student attending any course within London ?

thanks for any info.

How would a shed in Wandsworth do?

Comment

I have a foreign friend of a friend who lives abroad who is looking to house their 16 year old in central London just 10-15 days prior to an edcucational course starting; money is tight so they cannot afford a £79/ night hotel room.
      1. Why leave it so late?

2. Why pick central London if they're strapped for cash?
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
        1. Why leave it so late?

2. Why pick central London if they're strapped for cash?
        Clients pay more...

Comment

Anything usable for student accommodation is rented out during non-term time. You may hit very luck if you start Student Housing: Halls of Residence but I doubt their dates match availability as they usually stop taking bookings a week before term begins.

Also I doubt many will be happy to have an unaccompanied 16 year old on the premises. I would keep very quiet about their age.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
          X