• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Best 'Old Skool' Skateboard...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Best 'Old Skool' Skateboard...

Carrying on our trip down memory lane, who was into their skating and what was the best boards around?

I was a massive fan of skateboarding.

For me, Powell Peralta Caballero or Mike Vallely with Independant Trucks and OJ2 wheels

Anyone else...?

First board was a Lance Mountain. Indys and slime balls

Stumbled across my copy of Public Domain the otherday...
    Last edited by Pondlife; 31 August 2011, 07:34.

Comment

I had a Lance too! The one with the Boneite bit which was meant to snap in half if you got it wet. Black with the silver stick people.... as I was at school at the time, it was about 57th-hand!

Public Domian was soooo cool, I'd love to get hold of that again. I've got a taped copy of Savannah Slammer somewhere in the loft.

Comment

Never into boarding I had Bauers with SD wheels and non of that in-line rubbish (not yet invented).

Bauer skates
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Had a Cooper with Orange kryptonics.

Oddly enough, the fastest board I had was homemade. 3' length of floerboard with bog standard roller skate trucks diagonally opposed for excellent turning capabilities. Cut a set of teeth into front of board to terrorise old ladies.

Comment

Working...
          X