• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 - do you pay for it and what level of cover

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 - do you pay for it and what level of cover

Must admit QDOS appear to offer decent insurance. Just wondered what everyone else pays for (if anything)?

The full IR35/660 package looks good. For £600 a year, I guess its complete peace of mind....
    None at all
    50.00%
    IR35 investigation only
    21.43%
    IR35 and Section 660a investigation
    14.29%
    Full works - IR35/660 investigation and payments
    14.29%
    Last edited by psychocandy; 31 August 2011, 11:17.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Must admit QDOS appear to offer decent insurance. Just wondered what everyone else pays for (if anything)?

The full IR35/660 package looks good. For £600 a year, I guess its complete peace of mind....
    Or join PCG Plus, get covered for any tax investigation and a whole load of other useful advice and services.

£220 a year. No brainer IMVHO...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Can you change the title of the thread as it's nonsensical?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        Or join PCG Plus, get covered for any tax investigation and a whole load of other useful advice and services.

Can anyone beat the cover offered by the PCG? Details

Ta much.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Yes. Another option but this does not cover any fines/additional costs. QDOS do a policy that covers this as well. Around £600pa

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Yes. Another option but this does not cover any fines/additional costs. QDOS do a policy that covers this as well. Around £600pa
            There is an argument that says if you win the case then there are no fines or addtional costs. If you lose the case then your working practises weren't as you described them and so your insurance is in valid.

Note: I'm in no way implying that this is what QDOS would do.

Edit: maybe a better point would be that people who know about IR35 and have gone so far as to take insurance out against its investigation costs, are ones less likely to be caught by it in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              There is an argument that says if you win the case then there are no fines or addtional costs. If you lose the case then your working practises weren't as you described them and so your insurance is in valid.

Edit: maybe a better point would be that people who know about IR35 and have gone so far as to take insurance out against its investigation costs, are ones less likely to be caught by it in the first place.
              Valid point, which I kind of answered in this thread.
              Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Consulting View Post
                Good points in that thread.

Ta.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

QDOS give you a short questionaire to fill in. On the basis of you're answers they decide whether you can be covered or not.

What would happen if you filled this in good faith but then HMRC decided this was incorrect is an interesting point. Wonder if QDOS would still pay out?

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Consulting View Post
                    And QDOS state they havent lost yet so have never had to pay out on extra costs / taxes.

Comment

Working...
                    X