• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does this mean she bought....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this mean she bought....

an iPlank?

Don't buy your iPad in a McDonald's car park

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

I think clientco bought these desktops from the same suppliers.

Comment

A very common old scam, serves her right.

They have been pulling this for decades, probably since the stone age. Show someone the product in question, agree a price, give them a "new and sealed/boxed" one. Most people wont check the box straight away and pay, assuming they have the same product they have just seen.

This woman is even more stupid, publicising her stupidity as legally, she could be in a lot more trouble. It is common sense such a product at such a price, if it were supplied, is undoubtedly stolen and handling stolen goods is a serious felony.

Just like people responding to nigerian emails then expecting sympathy. They were planning to break the law by laundering money. Why should any of us have sympathy for a low down dirty criminal?

Instead feel sorry for me, a consumer being cheated by a corporation selling a product against the sales of goods act. I purchased a mop at Tesco's the other day, first use, as soon as the mop made contact with the water, it broke and all the strands went everywhere. Looking at it, it uses a plastic tie to hold it together thinner than a zip tie.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        an iPlank?

You should sue the Daily Mail, they've nicked your pun.

Woman pays $180 for a black market iPad... and all she gets is a piece of wood | Mail Online
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

My Mrs told me she bought a new iPencil in town the other day - anyone heard of it? Not sure what it does...

IGMC

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
            My Mrs told me she bought a new iPencil in town the other day - anyone heard of it? Not sure what it does...

IGMC
            Yeah, all the rage at the moment. I traded on the iPencil today and was making a fortune until I shorted the iEraser. It wiped out all of my iProfits.

Dimprawn

What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I know loads of people who would happily plop a couple of hundred quid on a piece of wood, if it had the Apple logo on it and was shiny enough.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                It has an Apple on it and some provenance so she might get her money back on eBay.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
                  This woman is even more stupid, publicising her stupidity as legally, she could be in a lot more trouble. It is common sense such a product at such a price, if it were supplied, is undoubtedly stolen and handling stolen goods is a serious felony.
                  But it wasn't stolen so there is no way she could be charged with handling stolen property.

Comment

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
                    But it wasn't stolen so there is no way she could be charged with handling stolen property.
                    of course it was stolen. it doesn't just grow on trees you know

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X