• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working From Home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working From Home

So, when WFH, do you, like me, end up being far more productive than when you're in the office - due to some mis-placed professionalism

or

Do you take the P*ss and watch TV / toss it off ?

Do you have a real home office or just perch your laptop on your knee?

eh?

Real home office.

Way more productive, although I probably put half much time in I get so much more done.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Real home office.

Way more productive, although I probably put half much time in I get so much more done.
      WDDS
      Do what thou wilt

Comment

I just play with myself all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaffinch View Post
          So, when WFH, do you, like me, end up being far more productive than when you're in the office - due to some mis-placed professionalism
          More productive as there isn't someone in the same office making phone calls that you can over hear, planning on how they are going to lie to their boss in a foreign language (your client) and other interruptions.

Originally posted by Chaffinch View Post
          Do you have a real home office or just perch your laptop on your knee?
          Both.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Large offices filled with people who think they get paid per email send (can someone not go and ****** buy a bigger H drive so I do not get 10 mails a day saying it is full ) are the most distracting places to work.

Comment

Depends entirely on whether I have a deadline or not.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Been working from home for a long time. Very productive probably because I put in more hours than I would in an office.

No distractions, can take time to myself if and when needed without asking as long as the work gets done.

Wouldn't have it any other way.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

2 days a week in home office environment.

Get loads done but very easy to put in shift plus a bit more. Have got more disciplined in turn off laptop when day is finished to make sure I am not checking emails throughout the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Large offices filled with people who think they get paid per email send (can someone not go and ****** buy a bigger H drive so I do not get 10 mails a day saying it is full ) are the most distracting places to work.
                    The easiest fix for this is a small script that deletes 100 files at random every night. Presto, plenty of room.

See also: http://bofh.ch/bofh/genesis2.html
                    Last edited by Freamon; 31 August 2011, 20:27.
                    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                    X