• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good news!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news!

HMRC to verify mortgage applications - Telegraph

The Mortgage Verification Scheme, which comes into force from today, means that lenders can choose to pass on applicants’ details to HMRC for additional checking. If they don’t match what is written on their tax returns, they could face an investigation.

Get yourself a mortgage today! and then spend 10 years battling HMR&C in a tax investigation!

Personally I'll pay cash (literally a suitcase full of £50 notes).

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Personally I'll pay cash (literally a suitcase full of £50 notes).

Well I suppose in the grim North East, that is still an option.

Not sure you would need a suitcase either.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Well I suppose in the grim North East, that is still an option.

Not sure you would need a suitcase either.

A matchbox should suffice
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        A matchbox should suffice
        Why don't you lend him the one you keep your professional integrity in? Should be plenty of space for the notes.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Why don't you lend him the one you keep your professional integrity in? Should be plenty of space for the notes.
          Or the box which contains all of your contract invoices
          for the last 12 months. Lots of space there as well.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Or the box which contains all of your contract invoices
            for the last 12 months. Lots of space there as well.
            I use email.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              HMRC to verify mortgage applications - Telegraph

The Mortgage Verification Scheme, which comes into force from today, means that lenders can choose to pass on applicants’ details to HMRC for additional checking. If they don’t match what is written on their tax returns, they could face an investigation.

Get yourself a mortgage today! and then spend 10 years battling HMR&C in a tax investigation!Personally I'll pay cash (literally a suitcase full of £50 notes).

Only if you are a complete plank and lie on your mortgage application or tax return.

Comment

Working...
              X