• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paintballing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paintballing

Anyone been? Specifically, to the one near London Bridge? Any advice? I have some body armour I may take along with me, and camo paint.

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Anyone been? Specifically, to the one near London Bridge? Any advice? I have some body armour I may take along with me, and camo paint.
    Watch the Spaced episode if you haven't already seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
      Done it about 5 times. You just need a camoflage string vest and some paint on your face to make you look like Adam Ant.

(Memory Mode : I did one on a stag do with a bunch of squaddies, some fella on the opposite team turned up with his own massive gun dressed like Rambo, giving it that verbals. Poor sucker got shot about 30 times in 10 seconds, got bruised to buggery and went home in tears, meanwhile one of the soliders got in a fight with someone else on another team for not dieing when shot.)

Enjoy.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I've been to the London bridge one, just make sure you wear old clothes underneath the gear they give you as the paint often soaks through, its a tad dingy in there.

Wear plenty of padding as it will hurt like a biatch. Body armour always helpful.

Good fun!
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I went along a couple of times with the kids. Because you're covered in overalls and facemasks, they give you coloured armbands to identify your team. I remember one of the enemy teams had brown armbands. At the end of the last game of the day, me and another team member were pinned down by one of the brown armband team and he basically started emptying his magazine into us at close range, presumably just using up his last paintballs. I got really pissed off by that and shouted, "OK, we're hit! **** off, you brown ****!"

As we were heading out of the gate, I saw him and his mates taking off their masks. Group of Indian lads.

Comment

Never been, but have seen the bruises.

Advice I've heard is to make sure you get baggy overalls to absorb some of the impact.

Comment

Been quite a few times. Best trick I found was wearing a leather bike jacket under the overalls. (not one of the poncy boy racer jobs with the hump in the back). Comfy, doesnt stop you moving, and you dont feel a thing when you get shot

Oh, and gloves as well, geting shot in the knuckles hurts and can draw blood!
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Been quite a few times. Best trick I found was wearing a leather bike jacket under the overalls. (not one of the poncy boy racer jobs with the hump in the back). Comfy, doesnt stop you moving, and you dont feel a thing when you get shot

Oh, and gloves as well, geting shot in the knuckles hurts and can draw blood!
                You have to be careful at paintball in the UK. About 200 people are blinded every year and at least 10 killed. Just make sure you've made a will.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  You have to be careful at paintball in the UK. About 200 people are blinded every year and at least 10 killed. Just make sure you've made a will.
                  Especially if you've had a boob job
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

One of my colleagues got shot in the leg at close range while walking out of the environment, having already been hit. The attacker found out that being whacked in the knee with a paintball gun also stings a bit.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X