• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going to the Doctor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to the Doctor

Am I being unreasonable here but I don't expect a doctor to consult a book whilst deciding what drugs to prescribe me for my ear infection.

Another thing too, she looked about 16. I'm sure Is feel very uncomfortable discussing certain issues with someone so young.

To me, doctors have always been kind of patrician figures. Sign of getting old I guess.

Alright enough, who's sockie is this?
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
      Am I being unreasonable here but I don't expect a doctor to consult a book whilst deciding what drugs to prescribe me for my ear infection.

Another thing too, she looked about 16. I'm sure Is feel very uncomfortable discussing certain issues with someone so young.

To me, doctors have always been kind of patrician figures. Sign of getting old I guess.
      You'd rather she just relied on memory and hope she got it right rather than double checking and making sure there were no contra-indications that would prohibit you from taking a particular drug?
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        You'd rather she just relied on memory and hope she got it right rather than double checking and making sure there were no contra-indications that would prohibit you from taking a particular drug?
        My expectations are somewhat higher.

Anyone can look things up in a book. Dents my confidence in their ability somewhat.

Comment

If it's like the book my doc has, it lists the recommended dosages, possible side effects, and what size packages are available. Prices too if I'm not mistaken.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Anyone can look things up in a book. Dents my confidence in their ability somewhat.
            I heard about a potential client who acted like that. If he found any contractor consulting reference material they got their marching orders.

After the first few times, nobody wanted to work for him.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I would much rather the doctor did consult the book as things change on a regular basis and some drugs/antibiotics that used to work now don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                If he found any contractor consulting reference material they got their marching orders.
                That'd be me f*cked then!

Comment

If it's like the book my doc has, it lists the recommended dosages, possible side effects, and what size packages are available. Prices too if I'm not mistaken.
                  MIMS?

Prescription drug database and drug prescribing guide | MIMS online

Comment

I heard about a potential client who acted like that. If he found any contractor consulting reference material they got their marching orders.

After the first few times, nobody wanted to work for him.
                    The reason I bought my ipad was to allow me to hide my reference material from general view.

The fact that the book I usual need to reference is Data Warehousing for total dummies is neither here nor there.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X