• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spotify

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spotify

Does anyone use this for music?

Normally I use LastFM but downloaded Spotify last night. Spent two minutes on it but it looked good. Type in amy music track and it instantly comes up and starts playing.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Normally I use LastFM but downloaded Spotify last night. Spent two minutes on it but it looked good. Type in amy music track and it instantly comes up and starts playing.
    In answer to your sig. Is it Charlie Sheen ?

Use spotify a bit, but a lot of the old stuff I like isn't available on it. If you're not an old c**t, it's propably OK. So, it's not for you MF
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Not just highlighting for the typo. I found that there was quite a lot of stuff that wasn't available on it. YMMV

Comment

I use it a lot, got the paid version with no adverts.

A fun way to build a playlist is to use the related artists feature.

Pick a starting track. Then pick the first related aband/artist from the suggested list, pick the first track listed, repeat untill you have a decent length playlist.

Found loads of stuff I'd never heard of before doing this, most of it worth the time to listen.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

DI.FM subscription rocks

Comment

Same as DaveB - I used Last FM which was fine but was a little repeaty - someone suggested spotify - was good except for ads, then paid £4/month for no ads and loving it.

Tony Hadley, Pino Palladino and John Mayer... some nice stuff out there.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I love spotify, I'm actually playing albums I haven't played in years that are sitting there in CD format and I'm disovering great new artists with spotify, I use it with my 5 Gig Vodafone per month data plan on my Android phone and also I got another sim for Vodafone 5 Gig / month on my Android Galaxy tab which also has spotify and I'm loving it also.

I never buy and download music now because of Spotify. Do note though .. I'd say 95% of titles that you look for are on Spotify .. I tried to get into Pink Floyd on Spotify but strangely they are not featured.

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
                I tried to get into Pink Floyd on Spotify but strangely they are not featured.
                Fail
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                X