• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Strange phone number

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange phone number

Just had a call from 0131 27144007915

turned out to be an agent, no big deal, permie role, not interested.

I wouldn't have picked up however if I'd noticed the number straight away, I just saw the 0131 which is Edinburgh's dialing code. It was only afterwards I noticed how long the number was.

Is that a line extension tagged on the end? If so, I've never seen a number come up like that before.

I don’t know with this number but there is a sequence of numbers used when you return a call to reveal caller ID. The same happens when you call some banks. They ask you to press a sequence of numbers that then undoes the caller ID settings without you knowing it.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
    X