• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Big CUK Gordon Brown Vote

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Big CUK Gordon Brown Vote

It's a democrarcy, so here's your chance!
    Love him.
    17.86%
    Loathe him.
    82.14%

I have an amusing thought: due to his penchance for retrospective laws one day someone might get in power and retrospectively take all his fscking money.

Well, it's only fair.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

If only. On the upside I'm pretty confident DC will oust him.

Comment

Gordo has secured two votes so far!

Comment

What happend to the "I don't give a tulip all politicians are scum anyway" option?
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
            What happend to the "I don't give a tulip all politicians are scum anyway" option?
            Then you click Loathe Him, as you would whoever it was.

It's simple to work out, really.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
              Then you click Loathe Him, as you would whoever it was.

It's simple to work out, really.

But that would imply that I cared enough about him to actually stop and think about it, which I dont.

I have no regard for them either way. I generally ignore what they tell me and make my own decisions. What they do come up with that I can't avoid I do my best to deal with on my own terms. The rest of the time I ignore them.

I've given up voting, it really makes no difference in the long run who is in power. Whoever it is will be gone again in 10 years in all likelyhood and thats not enough time to actually change anything at a fundamantal level.

Taxes will go up a bit, taxes may go down a bit, interest rates will change, house prices will fluctuate, inflation will wobble about and people will think it's the end of the world. Politicians have no real control over any of this. They simply react to circumstances in the way they think the public wants them to. Ultimately nothing they do will make any real difference.

Hmmm, that turned into more of a rant than was intended. Prolly summat to do with the little tulipes who nicked the number plates off my car last night, along with the nextdoor neighbours.

Comment

Turns out there had been a number of new cars nicked of a transporter in a local layby, so the gits went round the village nicking plates with a suitable reg year. Just have to wait till I get pulled over for driving a stolen vehicle now

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
                  Turns out there had been a number of new cars nicked of a transporter in a local layby, so the gits went round the village nicking plates with a suitable reg year. Just have to wait till I get pulled over for driving a stolen vehicle now
                  You live in a village and don't wire up your car to the mains every night? Sorry Dave, but you deserve all you get in that case.

Comment

I live in a small village and rarely even lock my doors, but I do wire the cars up to the mains, otherwise their batteries will go flat and they're a pig to push start.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X