• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tough times

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough times

Hindhead tunnel 'turned into Monaco race track' - Telegraph

The speed-loving motorists apparently believe the new construction – the longest under-land road tunnel in the UK - resembles the famous Monaco road tunnel used in the Formula 1 Grand Prix.

They are staging dangerous time trials along the 1.2-mile stretch in their powerful sports cars including Lamborghinis, Ferraris and Aston Martins.

"They're turning up in their souped-up cars, their Ferarris, Aston Martins, Lamborghinis, so they're obviously not just young drivers.

"They are brainless, mindless thugs who are clearly organising this kind of activity. It's nearly always late at night, and a neighbour of ours said he could hear them from a mile away."

City types?

Clarkson, I expect.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Same thing happened when M25 opened - I belive the target was to get round the ~160 miles in less than an hour but personally my best was 1:01:27 - a bit disappointing.

"William Broadhurst who has lived in Hazel Grove" - not sure I would want to be identified publicly. If someone gets done they might seek revenge. I hope it is worth the 10 seconds of fame.

Comment

There is a speed limit in the tunnel enforced by average speed cameras. Can't be much of a race track.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Same thing happened when M25 opened - I belive the target was to get round the ~160 miles in less than an hour but personally my best was 1:01:27 - a bit disappointing.

"William Broadhurst who has lived in Hazel Grove" - not sure I would want to be identified publicly. If someone gets done they might seek revenge. I hope it is worth the 10 seconds of fame.
          ~160 miles?

Is that clockwise or anti-clockwise?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            ~160 miles?

Is that clockwise or anti-clockwise?
            Anti-clockwise of course. It's about 100m shorter
            It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
              Anti-clockwise of course. It's about 100m shorter
              The M25 is nearer 120 miles, that was the reason for my original question.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                There is a speed limit in the tunnel enforced by average speed cameras. Can't be much of a race track.
                Nothing that gaffer tape can't fix.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The A3 has always been a racetrack for rich Surrey types.
                  I joust with them in my MPS when I drive down to visit mater and pater.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    The A3 has always been a racetrack for rich Surrey types.
                    I joust with them in my MPS when I drive down to visit mater and pater.
                    And you one of those Surrey types who are not rich?

Comment

Working...
                    X