• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Searching your name on Google

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Searching your name on Google

Been done before I think but an interesting exercise.

Found references on almost every page of 76 many going back years.

More interesting is how mp3's and video's of mine have been aggregated in various sites around the world. An album I have on Amazon turns up in some other sites selling CD's at differing prices but appear to be legit, no sales though

Images, videos, music, forum posts, site memberships and the list goes on, no hiding on t'internet.
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Been done before I think but an interesting exercise.

Found references on almost every page of 76 many going back years.

More interesting is how mp3's and video's of mine have been aggregated in various sites around the world. An album I have on Amazon turns up in some other sites selling CD's at differing prices but appear to be legit, no sales though

Images, videos, music, forum posts, site memberships and the list goes on, no hiding on t'internet.

The world is changing - fast

no doubt about it.

the future belongs to nick fitz

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

If I do it, the first two pages only have one reference to me in

The rest are an ex Rangers goalkeeper
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Apart from a reference to FB and LinkedIn I'm not mentioned at all. Plenty of others with the same name though.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Anyone not on here: http://www.192.com/people/search/ ?

You can probably work out whether it's you without paying, unless your name is Mohammed or other common English name.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            Apart from a reference to FB and LinkedIn I'm not mentioned at all. Plenty of others with the same name though.
            I no longer appear on any google page that I can be arsed to check through when searching for my mine name.

I would claim its careful planning but to be honest its because a famous(ish) journalist and an child actor also has the same name and so I've been drowned out by their crap.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I had one of those annual election register letters from the council the other day on which you are given option for your name and probably other identifying details not to appear on a commercial list that's sold to third parties. wtf, why would anyone want to appear on a list that means you'll be phoned up at 2 a.m. by a double glazing salesman or the president of Uganda?

Comment

pipl.com is good for searching for a particular name, it organises the results nicely too.
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  I had one of those annual election register letters from the council the other day on which you are given option for your name and probably other identifying details not to appear on a commercial list that's sold to third parties. wtf, why would anyone want to appear on a list that means you'll be phoned up at 2 a.m. by a double glazing salesman or the president of Uganda?
                  An annoyance about the UK is this should be an "opt in" by default rather than having to do it every year
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    An annoyance about the UK is this should be an "opt in" by default rather than having to do it every year
                    There was a separate sheet of paper that came with the register letter that covered this issue, which by law I think meant they had to change the way they do things. Not sure what the details were now though, or whether the default is opt in or opt out. I suspect it used to be opt in to spam by default, but now at the very least it's made clear that you are opting in, whether by default or by choice.

Comment

Working...
                    X