• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New mattress required

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New mattress required

No... I haven't done an SY01 and wet it or coughed a load of piles over it........

It's time it was replaced and I'm looking at getting one of those newfangled memory foam ones. Don't want to go to any of the big bed shops as they're just as bad as the sofa shops and just inflate the price and try to sell you extras.

So has anyone ordered a mattress/bed online recently at a place they can recommend? Preferably somewhere that will exchange for another if you don't find it comfortable as they're pretty hard to try online.

I bought a bed from Cheap Bed Frames - Double Beds | Cheap Mattresses | Leather Beds | Headboards recently, no problems.

However, Tempur are the best, but I doubt you can afford it.

The Deluxe Mattress 22 by Tempur®

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      However, Tempur are the best, but I doubt you can afford it.
      Wow so your financial "wisdom" even extends to knowing what I can/can't afford?

Comment

Here's an idea. Go to the big bed shop, try them out. Find one you like. Take the name of it. Order it online.

Revolutionary advice - for free!
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
          Here's an idea. Go to the big bed shop, try them out. Find one you like. Take the name of it. Order it online.

Revolutionary advice - for free!
          Which is exactly what I was going to do smartarse, hence the question about recommending a place to buy it online.... Trying a mattress for 5 mins in a shop is a bit different from spending a few whole nights actually sleeping on it........ hence the preference for somewhere that would exchange it if you find it uncomfortable after that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
            No... I haven't done an SY01 and wet it or coughed a load of piles over it........

It's time it was replaced and I'm looking at getting one of those newfangled memory foam ones. Don't want to go to any of the big bed shops as they're just as bad as the sofa shops and just inflate the price and try to sell you extras.

So has anyone ordered a mattress/bed online recently at a place they can recommend? Preferably somewhere that will exchange for another if you don't find it comfortable as they're pretty hard to try online.
            Spent 2k on a memory foam bed. Just moved it from the main bedroom and swapped it with our old mattress from the spare. Two years after buying it, both of us had developed back ache and neck problems. They're all very good, but they don't move with you and we found ours bloody uncomfortable. Having swapped them over the neck and shoulder issues are going away. Don't buy this though.

What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
              Wow so your financial "wisdom" even extends to knowing what I can/can't afford?
              I'm pretty sure you can't afford £2500 on a mattress. You probably shop at Lidl.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can't afford £2500 on a mattress. You probably shop at Lidl.
                "I sleep on a mattress stuffed with £50 notes and a small midget in a white suit tells me when the plane arrives" - Dimprawn
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  "I sleep on a mattress stuffed with £50 notes and a small midget in a white suit tells me when the plane arrives" - Dimprawn
                  I've had that dream!

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can't afford £2500 on a mattress.
                    I'm pretty sure you're a clueless dickhead.

Out of the above two statements only one of them is correct. I'll leave you to try and figure out which one.

Comment

Working...
                    X