• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microsoft Word Help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Word Help

"Well you all work with computers so you know how to work MS Word, right?"

I am trying to create a 2 column table with only a central line down the middle, I have edited it as such using borders and shading and it comes out printed OK, problem is that the full grid shows when viewing through word, does anyone know how to remove the grid to reflect what is being printed out?

Thanks

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    "Well you all work with computers so you know how to work MS Word, right?"

I am trying to create a 2 column table with only a central line down the middle, I have edited it as such using borders and shading and it comes out printed OK, problem is that the full grid shows when viewing through word, does anyone know how to remove the grid to reflect what is being printed out?

Thanks
    Look under the view tab, there should be a tick box for gridlines.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Cheers Dave!

Was under table

Comment

Or view / print layout, IIRC. My MS Word packed up when I tried one of the evacuation offers and now refuses to come back. Wants money.

Comment

My CV looks the biz now, for the last 6 years I had just been slotting in each contract on top of the pile and it started to look really, really crap.

Total rewrite was needed with a fresh approach, think the 2 column view with a central margin line looks pretty good.

Comment

Working...
          X